Welcome to Quality Schools International (QSI) Georgetown, Guyana.
QSI Guyana is one of 37 schools today. QSI is found in 29 different countries on five continents. The schools worldwide represent over 125 nations with 6500 students and growing. Nearly all of these schools were established at the request of personnel in a US Embassy or other international organization (UN organizations and oil companies, for example).
We are firm believers that knowledge accompanied with integrity enables children to mature into healthy human beings. As Educators, we can lead students through learning and our example. We encourage them to make a positive footprint on our planet.
The following is QSI’s Mission Statement that defines our purpose, values and commitment to you, your children, family, and community.
QSI, as an organization, believes that virtually every five-year-old comes to school eager to learn. The mission of Quality Schools International (QSI) is to keep this urge to learn alive in every child in QSI schools. Our schools are established to provide in the English language a quality education for students in the cities we serve. These students are the children of parents of many nationalities who have come to a foreign country, usually for a limited stay of a year or more. Some students are permanent residents, citizens of the host country.
Our schools follow a logical model of education which measures success by the accomplishments and attitudes of our students. We believe that all of our students can succeed, that their successes encourage them to continue in a pattern of success, and that it is the schools’ responsibility to provide the conditions for success. These conditions include
- developing clear statements in measurable terms of what the student will do to demonstrate mastery of learning,
- providing the time and resources needed for each student to attain mastery, and
- ensuring that students engage in learning at a level which is challenging and yet a level for which each student has the prerequisite skills necessary for success. We believe in providing an aesthetically pleasing physical surrounding under the charge of a caring staff who believe their students will be successful and who use time with the students as a resource for learning rather than as a boundary condition to determine when a unit of learning begins and ends.
- We believe in providing resources such as books, learning materials, and educational technology. In the world today children need to become proficient in the use of computers and related technology as tools to accomplish a myriad of tasks.
- Finally, we believe in working with parents to encourage our students to adopt qualities of living which lead to success long after formal schooling has ended. These include universally accepted "success orientations" of trustworthiness, kindness/politeness, responsibility, independent endeavor, concern for others, group interaction, and aesthetic appreciation.
Together, we can help mold and shape our children in positive ways for today and for the future.